You’ll find here how La Maison uses and protects any information that you provide when you use this website. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is safe and protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified with when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this statement.
What we collect, how we collect and what we do with data
We collect data to operate effectively and to provide you the best experience here. We require this information and process it to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We do not collect any sensitive data about our users. You provide some of this data directly when using our site and this is outlined below:
- Communications: includes any data including your name and email address that you send to us through the email newsletter form or through any other communication, for the purposes of communicating with you and for record keeping.
- Customers: any information relating to purchases of our goods and/or services which may include your name, delivery address, email address, phone number, purchase details and your card/billing details. We process this data to supply and deliver the goods and/or services you purchase and to keep records of these transactions.
- Technical Data: how you use our website and online services such as your IP address, login data, browser, length of visit, number of times you visit and other technology on the device you use here. We source this data from our analytics tracking system. We use this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and understand the effectiveness of our website.
- We use all data to deliver relevant content to you through our website and marketing to measure the effectiveness of the advertising and develop our business.
What we do with your information
We require this information to fulfil any requirement you have, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- When making an order, we may need to contact you by email or telephone.
- To create a login account where you can manage and view your orders past and present and complete the checkout process quicker with your name and delivery address.
- For internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
Who we share data with
We do not allow other companies to collect your personal data through online services unless it is needed to provide a service you requested such as delivery. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure to your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We also store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers and backups entered via our website. We allow access to your information to other employees who need to know such data because of business processing. We have procedures in place to act on suspected breaches to your personal data and to notify you if legally required to.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We retain personal data for as long as it is necessary to provide you the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary, we will hold data from our website for the purpose of tax and that the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after this they stop being customers and your data will no longer be retained.
Your data rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, you have multiple rights to your data as a user:
- Request a copy of the personal information we have about you;
- Have any inaccuracies contained therein corrected;
- Have your personal data erased;
- Have a restriction placed upon our processing of your data;
- Object to any processing activities you may be subject to by us; and
- To request your data provided to another processor if you so wish (data portability)
You can request any of these by using the contact section below via a ‘Subject Access Request’. It is free to access your personal data, however in the occurrence of a request being clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee, we may also refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We can also request further information from you to confirm your identity as we take the necessary security measures to personal data so that it is not disclosed to just any individual, we may also for an instance contact you for further information in relation to your request to aid our response.
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products/services. If there are material changes to the statement or in how we will use your personal data, we will notify customers by directly sending an email update. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how we are protecting your information.
La Maison, 33 Station Rd E, Oxted, RH8 0BD